Welcome to Y-Press’s Web site.
Y-Press, a youth news organization, is a nonprofit corporation, whose mission is to develop integrity, discipline and leadership in young people through youth-driven journalism. In this program, young people give voice to youth in the local community and around the world. Its work is produced by young people ages 10 to 18.
The contents of Y-Press’s Web site are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, prepare derivative works, or perform any copyrighted material on the Y-Press Web site without the prior written consent of Y-Press, with some exceptions. You may copy and print a limited amount of content, and you may download Y-Press Podcast content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you include all copyright and other notices contained in the content and that you do not modify the content. Any other use of Y-Press content requires prior written permission from Y-Press. For permission requests, contact Y-Press at email@example.com.
Y-Press’s program name – Y-Press, Y?— are service marks of either Y-Press, Inc. or the producers of the articles and programs. All rights reserved. You may not use any Y-Press service marks, logos or graphics without Y-Press’s prior written consent, except that you may use the Y-Press-provided logo in a RSS Feed in connection with the personal, noncommercial use of Y-Press’s
Links to Y-Press’s Web site
While Y-Press encourages and permits links to content from Y-Press’s Web site, it is a nonprofit organization committed to high journalistic ethics and standards. The link should not suggest that Y-Press promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services, or use Y-Press content for inappropriate commercial purposes. Y-Press reserves the right to withdraw link permission.
Links to third party sites
Y-Press does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. RSS
Y-Press provides podcasts consisting of selected audio content from Y-Press; the audio file may be downloaded and played from a user’s computer or transferred to a portable listening device. Y-Press podcasts are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights in and to the Y-Press podcasts are reserved to Y-Press. Y-Press podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only. You may download, copy and/or transfer to a portable listening device the podcasts for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the content.
Use of the service
If you submit comments, essays, e-mails or other information via ypress.org, you must follow a few simple rules:
1. You may not post or submit anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address.
2. While we do not seek to limit expression of ideas, certain materials and language will not be tolerated. This site is accessible to young people and as such you may not post, upload or transmit any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law or that constitutes hate speech.
3. You may only post materials for which you hold the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically.
4. The site is for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
5. You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device.
6. You are solely responsible for any content posted. Y-Press reserves the right to review every comment and determine its appropriateness.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidential damages, some of the ablove limitations may not apply to you. In such states, Y-Press's liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law, but shall, in no event, exceed one hundred dollars ($100).
b). Correction of errors and inaccuracies -- The content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Y-Press therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the content at any time without prior notice. Y-Press does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.